Junior R&D Director – Open Source VOIP (part time)
Modulis is widely recognized as the Canadian leader in VOIP turnkey solutions and services. Our company designs and installs Asterisk-based VOIP IP PBX phone systems with integrated communication functionalities. We provide consulting services for Asterisk VOIP systems, SIP networks, VOIP cloud solutions, and are suppliers of a wide range of VOIP equipment utilized by medium and large enterprise. Our company has clients throughout Canada, the United States and Europe.
Modulis was founded in 2005 in order to provide cutting-edge information technology services and consulting to both private and public sector organizations. By 2007, Modulis was clearly on the front-line of the Open Source revolution with its early expertise in implementing Asterisk communications systems. Since then, Modulis has spearheaded Open Source VOIP development to a steadily-growing customer base in Europe and North America.
The Junior R&D Director for Open Source VOIP will be a Ph.D. candidate. The position is part time with flexible hours.
• Define our VoIP R&D strategy and program
• Prepare research reports
• Implement process and systems to document research activities
• Identify opportunities for Modulis patents and trademarks
• Prepare technical documentation for possible patents
• Ph.D. candidate with a Masters degree in telecommunications, informatics or computer engineering
• Excellent command of Linux operating system
• Dedication to and experience with Open Source
• Creativity, disciplined ordering and implementation of priorities, excellent interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial spirit
• Acceptable ability to speak and write French and/or English
Did you long ago opt for Linux as your principal operating system? Are you presently a Ph.D. candidate and are you seriously passionate when it comes to Open Source? If so, send us your resume jobs-voip(at)modulis.ca.
Work Location: 10 minutes walk from Monk subway station
Start Date: Immediate
Contract Terms: Part-time with flexible hours
Remuneration: Between $20 and $40 /hr